CARAVAN HEALTH PRESENTS SECOND ANNUAL POPULATION HEALTH PIONEER AWARDS IN PHOENIX
Over 600 attendees gathered in Phoenix for the second annual Caravan Health Accountable Care Symposium on December 6-7, 2017. This year’s event featured thought leaders, industry experts, panel discussions and breakout sessions that addressed the most pressing concerns of health system leaders today.
The event included a banquet dinner where Caravan Health presented the Population Health Pioneer Awards. This was an opportunity to honor healthcare organizations and individuals who transcended quality of care in 2017.
“Our ACO partners achieved more than $26 million in savings in 2016 and more than 90 percent are on track to reduce spending in 2017,” said Lynn Barr, Caravan Health chief executive officer. “The Population Health Pioneer Awards Ceremony is an opportunity to recognize the outstanding achievements of our participants, and to say thank you for their dedication to improving care in their communities.”
The organizational awards were based on data used to measure ACO quality. Individual awards were based off of peer nominations in ACO, Comprehensive Primary Care Plus (CPC+) and Transforming Clinical Practice Initiative (TCPI) programs.
Organizational award winners for care coordination, cost reduction and ACO operations:
- Illinois Rural ACO
- Mountain West ACO
- North Mississippi Connected Care Alliance ACO
- Suburban Health ACO
- Winding River ACO
- ACO of the Year: Magnolia-Evergreen ACO, $10 million in savings
Individual awards winners:
- Heather Geary: Most Valuable Care Coordinator – ACO
- Melanie Van Winkle: Practice Manager Leader – ACO
- Emily Padula: All Star ACO Champion – ACO
- Catherine Chua, DO: Outstanding Physician Leadership – ACO
- Amy McDaniel: ACO Board Chair of the Year – ACO
- Michael Hurt, MD: ACO Medical Director Champion – ACO
- Genevieve Larimar: Most Valuable Care Coordinator – TCPI
- Susan Welter: Practice Manager Leader – TCPI
- Renee Diamond: Outstanding Physician Leadership – TCPI
- Julie Stahl: Most Valuable Care Coordinator – CPC+
- Trevor Collins: Practice Manager Leader – CPC+
- Randall Suzuka: Outstanding Physician Leadership – CPC+
For more information about the Accountable Care Symposium, visit www.caravanhealth.com/symposium.